- Account Setup / Email on file – We will setup your account after we have received payment and we and/or our payment partner(s) have screened the order(s) in case of fraud. It is your responsibility to provide us with an email address which is not @ the domain(s) you are signing up under. If there is ever an abuse issue or we need to contact you, the primary email address on file will be used for this purpose. It is your responsibility to ensure the email address on file is current or up to date at all times. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. If you fail to meet these requirements, the order may be considered fraudulent in nature and denied.TransfersOur transfer’s team will make every possible effort to help you move your site to us; however, we cannot make guarantees of the transfer process. We provide this as a courtesy service and cannot make guarantees regarding its availability or the amount of time it may take as each host is configured a little differently. We will try our best; however, in some cases we may be unable to assist you in a transfer of data from an old host.
- Content – All services provided by AlloyMarketing.co.uk may only be used for lawful purposes. The laws of England and Wales apply and all claims concerning this agreement shall be brought exclusively in English courts located in England.The customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AlloyMarketing.co.uk from any claims resulting from the use of our services.Use of our services to infringe upon any copyright or trademark is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to unauthorized copying of music, books, photographs, or any other copyrighted work. The offer of sale of any counterfeit merchandise of a trademark holder will result in the immediate termination of your account. If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed upon, please email abuse@AlloyMarketing.co.uk with the information required. If the request is of a licensing issue, we may require further documentation.Examples of unacceptable material on all shared and reseller servers include:
IRC Bots, Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers, Pirated Software / Warez, image, filedump, mirror, or banner-ad services (similar to rapidshare, photobucket, or commercial banner ad rotation), affiliate servers, topsites, commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams), Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg’s, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forums and or websites that distribute or link to warez content are prohibited.
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device is not permitted, with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account.
Examples of unacceptable material on dedicated servers include:
Pirated Software / Warez, Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forums and or websites that distribute or link to warez content are prohibited.
AlloyMarketing.co.uk services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. AlloyMarketing.co.uk systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including ensuring that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. Use of AlloyMarketing.co.uk system(s) constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our terms of service in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Failure to respond to email from our abuse department within 48 hours may result in the suspension or termination of your services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
If in doubt regarding the acceptability of your site or service, pleases contact us at abuse@AlloyMarketing.co.uk and we will be happy to assist you.
Potential harm to minors is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography: Any site found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
Direct customers: Your services will be terminated with or without notice.
Violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possibly, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as username and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
- Zero Tolerance Spam Policy – We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists” and “double opt-in” will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, email, instant messaging, or UseNet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee. This cost of the clean up fee is entirely at the discretion of AlloyMarketing.co.uk.
- Payment Information – You agree to supply appropriate payment for the services received from AlloyMarketing.co.uk, in advance of the time period during which such services are provided. You agree that until and unless you notify AlloyMarketing.co.uk of your desire to cancel any or all services received, those services will be billed on a recurring basis.Cancellations must be done in writing by submitting an email to email@example.com. Once we receive your cancellation and have confirmed all necessary information with you via e-mail, we will inform you that your account has been cancelled. At this time, your account with us has been cancelled. If you do not hear back from us or receive an e-mail confirming this cancellation, please contact us immediately.As a client of AlloyMarketing.co.uk, it is your responsibility to ensure that your payment information is up to date, and that all invoices are paid on time. AlloyMarketing.co.uk provides a 30 day grace period from the time the invoice is due and when it must be paid. Any invoice that is overdue for 30 days and not paid will result in a 10GBP late fee and/or an account suspension until account balance has been paid in full.AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to change the monthly payment amount and any other charges at anytime.
- Backups and Data Loss – Your use of the service is at your sole risk. AlloyMarketing.co.uk is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on AlloyMarketing.co.uk servers.
- Cancellations and Refunds – AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to cancel the account at any time with or without notice.Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services. – Shared hosting customers, reseller hosting customers and semi-dedicated hosting customers may cancel at any time by submitting a cancellation request via email with 30 days notice.The following methods of payments are non-refundable, and refunds will be posted as credit to the hosting account:
- Bank Wire Transfers
- Western Union Payments
- Money orders
There are no refunds on any VPS (Virtual Private server), dedicated servers, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases. Refund requests for shared and reseller accounts after the initial 30 days will be refunded on a prorated basis of any unused time.
Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you’ve had an account with us before, cancelled and signed up again, you will not be eligible for a refund or if you have opened a second account with us.
Violations of the Terms of Service will waive the refund policy.
- Resource Usage – User may not:
- Use 25% or more of system resources for longer than 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
- Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
- Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
- Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. Please note that you may link to torrents off server, but may not host or store them.
- Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield 1942, etc
- Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes
When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include (“http://yourdomain.com/include.php”) use include (“include.php”)
- INODES – The use of more than 50,000 inodes on any shared account may potentially result in suspension. Accounts found to be exceeding the 50,000 inode limit will automatically be removed from our backup system to avoid overusage. Every file (a webpage, image file, email, etc) on your account uses up 1 inode.Sites that slightly exceed our inode limits are unlikely to be suspended; however, accounts that constantly create and delete large numbers of files on a regular basis, have hundreds of thousands of files, or cause file system damage may be flagged for review and/or suspension.The primary cause of excessive inodes seems to be due to users leaving their catchall address enabled, but never checking their primary account mailbox. Over time, tens of thousands of messages (or more) build up, eventually pushing the account past our inode limit. To disable your default mailbox, login to cPanel and choose “Mail”, then“Default Address”, “Set Default Address”, and then type in: :fail: No such user here
- Mysql DISK Usag e- All though Alloy Marketing Ltd offers unlimited MYSQL databases along with our shared web hosting plans, we limit the TOTAL disk usage for ALL mysql databases per account to 1 GB. This is to avoid one particular account from filling up our /var partition (where mysql databases are hosted) and using up the disk space.
- Resource Usage – User may not:
- Bandwidth Usage – You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we will inform you in advance but also reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.
- Moneyback Guarantee – Each of AlloyMarketing.co.uk managed shared and reseller servers carry a 30 days unconditional money back guarantee on them. If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the first 30 days of your service, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount. Remember, this is only for monthly shared or reseller packages and does not apply to dedicated servers, administrative fees, install fees for custom software, or domain name purchases.
- Uptime Guarantee – If your shared / reseller server has a physical downtime that is not within the 99.9% uptime you may receive one month of credit on your account. Approval of the credit is at the discretion of AlloyMarketing.co.uk dependent upon justification provided. Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor’s network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services. To request a credit, please contact billing@AlloyMarketing.co.uk with justification. All requests must be made in writing via email. Uptime guarantees only apply to shared / reseller solutions. Dedicated servers are covered by a network guarantee in which the credit is prorated for the amount of time the server is down which is not related to our uptime guarantee. The total credit applicable would never be more than one month’s hosting charges paid by the customer at any time and for whatever reason.
- Hardware Failure – The AlloyMarketing hosting provider’s engineers monitor the Servers round the clock to avoid downtime due to server load or network. However, Hardware Failure is an uncontrollable disaster for which compensation is not applicable. During such occurence, downtime can extend from 24-48 hours due to hardware and software replacement and data restoration though this is very rare.
- Shared (non-reseller accounts) / Semi dedicated Servers – Shared accounts may not resell web hosting to other people
- Dedicated Servers – AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to reset the password on a dedicated server if the password on file is not current so that we may do security audits as required by our datacenter. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that there is a valid email address and current root password on file for their dedicated server on file to prevent downtime from forced password resets. AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to audit servers as needed and to perform administrative actions at the request of our datacenter. Dedicated servers are NOT backed up by us and it is the responsibility of the client to maintain backups or have a solution for this. You may purchase an additional hard drive and maintain backups to it as the simplest solution. Please contact sales@AlloyMarketing.co.uk if you wish to obtain a secondary hard drive. It is your responsibility to maintain backups.
- Price Change – The amount you pay for hosting will never increase from the date of purchase. We do reserve the right to change prices listed on AlloyMarketing.co.uk, and the right to increase the amount of resources given to plans at any time.
- Indemnification – Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold AlloyMarketing.co.uk harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against AlloyMarketing.co.uk, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AlloyMarketing.co.uk against liabilities arising out of;Any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with AlloyMarketing.co.uk;
Any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
Copyright infringement and Any defective products sold to customers from websites on our servers.
- Disclaimer – AlloyMarketing.co.uk shall not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. AlloyMarketing.co.uk makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. AlloyMarketing.co.uk disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, no deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by AlloyMarketing.co.uk and its employees.
- Disclosure to law enforcement – AlloyMarketing.co.uk may disclose any subscriber information to law enforcement agencies without further consent or notification to the subscriber upon lawful request from such agencies.We will cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies.
- Changes to the TOS – AlloyMarketing.co.uk reserves the right to revise its policies at any time without notice.