With over 1/2 billion people worldwide using facebook on a daily basis, and over 300k people using Twitter, it has now become essential for every business to at least have a basic presence on these networks.
In case you’re still not sure if it’s worth investing time and money in your brand’s social media presence – recent updates over the past 2 years to the algorithm used by Google (and others such as Bing, Ask, Yahoo) to rank websites in their search results has started using signals from social networks to get an idea if brands are real and deserve to rank well on search engine results pages.
As you may know it is possible for social media channels to become a major drain on time and resources, due to the changes, distractions and now advertising featured on the pages. So the best recommendation is to get our help to consolidate your efforts and get advice on the best tools and tactics to actually make efficient use of these new marketing channels.
Top recommendations for social media marketing efficiency
- Avoid using the actual twitter or Facebook interfaces – use a management suite to monitor and publish from one place with minimum distractions
- We use agency standard tools that are expensive to run, but allow us to manage our clients’ campaigns effectively
- Please get in touch if you would like advice on the best social media management tools to use for your business
What social media messages should you spend your time broadcasting?
- New announcements from your brand.
- Teaser previews of offerings you are working on.
- Related interesting news from the industry.
- Trivia related to your product: history, technology
- Ask for suggestions: people love to help someone out
- Events you are holding: this informs as well as gets you attendees
- Events you are participating in: this shows you are active.
- Helping people find opportunities
- Helping people solve problems is the best thing you can do to promote your brand
- Popular events: tweet about the upcoming sports events, festivals, etc.
- Regular industry news: yup, this doesn’t hurt if mixed in.
- Sales announcements: Tweet about any sales announcements you might have.
- Job openings: Tell people about open positions, both with your brand and at other places you know.
- Ask for customer feedback: Invite people to share their experiences with your brand.
- Participate in the relevant hashtags(eg: #news), and get more visibility.
- Set up and announce tweet chats based on brand-related hashtags.
- Follow people and make acknowledgement via tweets.
- Thank people who have recently followed you.
- Post the latest updates from your blog along with the link.
- Direct people to other social media channels you own by tweeting about them.
- Search on your brand name and respond to tweets that are about you.