Logos are used to easily identify a business, with a memorable logo acting as a carrier of reputation and perceived professionalism.
A business logo is often one of the first impressions we get of a brand; customers can be immediately put off when faced with an unprofessional logo design. This highlights one of the key customer concerns in both web commerce and service/trade supply – Is this website a scam? Is this company legitimate?
It can be useful to think of a logo as a flag, signature or street sign not trying to sell or describe, but memorable, distinctive and appropriate to the market.
Logo design recommendations
- Simple is often better – Use 2/3 contrasting colours
- Logos don’t always have to convey what a company does
- Size and scalability are vital – Are all elements of the logo visible when scaled down? Will it look great on a mobile?
- Graphic and Text – Success in isolation – Do the logo image & text work independently from each other?
- Taglines are an extra – Keep marketing ‘blurb’ light
- Colour can be a secondary factor – you may wish to print in monochrome
- Avoid changing your logo too often or drastically
Get a professionally designed Logo today
Including multiple proofs and satisfaction guaranteed
Examples of big brand logo redesigns
Effective logo design tips & resources
Vital tips for effective logo design from Smashing Magazine
Great simple logo design examples for inspiration – Webdesignledger.com
Best business card designs – creativebloq.com